On-page SEO: How to optimize your content to rank on Google 1st Page
Going through this article, you will get knowledge about on-page SEO, you will learn the key elements of how to create an effective SEO strategy, with this you can optimize your page without stress, in other for your page to rank in search engines.
If you carefully follow this guide written in this article, you can be sure of being a great blogger.
Come along with us as we take you by hand in achieving all your dreams of building a great SEO site.
- What is an On-page SEO
- How to implement on-page SEO
- How to optimize your content
- How to Create SEO friendly URLs
An On-page SEO is also known as on-site SEO, this is the act of optimizing webpage content for search engines for users. Simple on-page SEO practices include optimizing title tags, internal links, contents, and URLs.
This particular keyword will be teaching you step by step way on how you can implement your on-page SEO. On-page SEO is easy and straight to implement in the current content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, contentful, Umbraco, and more. If your site is still in a growing stage make sure your developers build in a way that allows you to add and edit these elements.
Depending on the scale of the site you want to optimize you might want to automate some elements of the implementation: An example is if you have plenty of meta descriptions you want to add, a developer can use simple writing to create a unique, meta description.
Always make sure to write unique and customized body content.
● Avoid duplicate content
Anyhow possible, try to make sure that every page on your web is unique content, let all your content be targeted for different keywords to avoid the search engines being confused on which to choose from. Let’s say you have 2 similar pages that represent the same topic but different categories like “how to cook rice” and “how to make rice” how does google choose which page to display in the search result.
● Writing for SEO
The simple way to write for SEO is by writing for people, like to answer the questions they ask and you do this in a way that is also helpful to search engines.
On-page SEO is the beginning of what you need for a good ranking.
Having said that, let’s go into another important keyword.
How to optimize your content
If you are talking about “optimizing content” they are usually thinking of it as a technical test that needs “SEO best practices” and relevant keywords. Other factors are far more influential in optimizing content. Optimizing content is less a matter. Below are some ways you can optimize your content.
● Build trust
There’s a saying that says “trust is king” bear in mind that trust does not display content instead you can build trust through content. So you can still use the word “content is king” as far as the content is trustworthy.
You can build trust by using the right words since the content is made of words it’s only normal that you use the right words to build trust.
● Create Quality content
The word “create quality content” can never be overemphasized, you probably must be tired of hearing it but the truth remains that it’s very important. These are few steps on how to create quality content.
● Use proper grammar; some grammar apps will be sure to point out any mistakes
● Ensure correct spelling; typographical errors ruins trust an makes you not real
● Utilize formality; break your contents into scan able chunks, use bullet points when necessary.
● Keep content length appropriate; not every articles need to be 2000/5000 words. Aim for length that delivers the information and cover it thoroughly.
● Stay focused; try to stay on point with your content, don’t wander about topics
Quality content matters alot, if you don’t produce quality content you will disappoint your readers and lose their trust.
● Provide a call to action
The gaol of all content is to carry the user further, beautifully optimized content is action oriented. Every single piece of the content should help the user know what to do next. Optimized content serves a better purpose.
B in other to create a better purpose, you must invite user to convert. There are some ways you can do that
● Provide calls-to-action (CTAs) in the text of your content
● Use a pop up to encourage conversion
● Position CTAs in your blog sidebar
● Use a header CTA to solicit conversion
If you have an optimized content it simply means that you are achieving your goals and gaining conversions.
Optimize engagement with visuals
You can optimize your content with visuals such that images and videos will be of extreme importance for both engagement and decisions. Do you know that?
● Articles with images has about 92% more total views
● Press releases with a photo/video have at least 43% more views
● 70% of customers say the quality of a product image is so important in selecting and buying a product
So far I believe the explanation of so far has helped your understanding. Next keyword is.
Good news about this keyword is that creating URLs for SEO isn’t a rocket science, below we will run through simple process for creating optimize URLs slugs and a few best practices for the rest of the URLs.
● Start with your page title; most page titles makes perfectly optimized URLs with a bit of modifications
● Remove special characters; have you ever seen a URLs with backlash() or square bracket () , just know that it’s unsafe character that don’t belong in URL, quickly remove it. It’s also best for you to remove characters like commars, colons, semi-colons etc.
● Boil it down to a keyword; most titles contains keywords so what you might have in this stage is simplified keyword version of your site.
Use spaces instead of hyphens; URLs can’t include spaces, so the final step is to replace all the spaces with hyphens or you can use underscore (_) instead. It makes sense if you use them where possible, it’s also Google’s official recommendation.
On this keyword, we will give you details about on-page SEO services and also provide you with some tips to help you optimize your on-page SEO services.
On-page SEO requires maintenance, you regularly needs to optimize your site to make sure that it’s running well. Anytime you add new content to your site, its needs to be optimized for SEO.
If your site content is engaging, informative, and meaningful then you can likely be ranked for relevant keywords. Many factors search engine considers when ranking your site.
● Page content
The reason a user visits your page is because they believe you have something meaningful for them, so it’s important your content is in line with other people’s search content.
● Meta tags
This tag provides search engines with information about your page.
● Title tag
This tags influence your on-page SEO, the title is what the audience sees first when they find your page, it makes them to determine if they should click or leave your page
It’s better to create URLs that are clean and easy to read. Your URLs need to be SEO friendly, if it has a lot of random numbers and symbols then it’s not SEO friendly
Without mincing words, I know you have learnt enough about the title on-page SEO from this article, from the definition, on how to maintain your on-page site, and many others, it will be my pleasure if you stay glued to our blog to learn more about maintaining your site.